Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

End of the Semester is in sight

      Yeah!!!!  I finished one class and only have one to go.  Yesterday was my last Assessment of the Population class.  We had our final class presentations and course evaluations.  Our instructors were so kind, they brought snacks for the whole class.  Now, I just have pharmacology to finish.  Tomorrow is our last class and we have our final on Monday.  Then I am free for several weeks.  I can't wait because that means I can start baking.  I have most of the presents wrapped and only need to do a few things to get ready for Christmas. 
     Kevin and I were talking about Christmas and exchanging gifts.  I told him about how I over heard a little girl, about 7 or 8, telling her teacher about how on her birthdays she asks her guests not to bring her presents but to bring things for other needy children.  I asked Kevin about doing that with our children and their birthdays and he thought is was a good idea too.  We both decided for Christmas that, if our family or friends want to exchange gifts that we ask them to consider doing this instead.  We both feel that we have what we need and there are others who aren't as fortunate.  I am excited about this!!
      With the end of the semester, I can read again.  During school, I feel like I should only be reading my school books so I tend to neglect my leisure reading.  Not now, I can pull out my books and get started.  I have a couple of mysteries that I can't wait to tackle.  I found a book on Abraham Lincoln and his presidential Cabinet that I want to get started on as well.  I think it is called a "Team of Rivals".  So much to do and so little time.  It seems like the weeks I have off between semesters is over in 48 hours.  I look forward to my graduation date, so I can relax and not have to worry about semesters and deadlines. 
      Off to do a little studying and then dust off those books:)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment