Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Organizing

    Wow, this week has flown by.  Finished up with my final class Monday and went straight into organization mode.  At work this week we have been organizing the supply rooms and taking inventory.  Doing this motivated me to continue to organize the house.  Every evening this week, Kevin, myself and the children have worked on cleaning, organizing, and finishing projects around the house.  Christian and several of his friends (Matt and Brad), have been helping us as well.  They helped Kevin hang some of the house lights.  Christian has been helping with the yard and pool as well this week.  We should have the pool ready to cover for winter, by this weekend:)
      I am having a garage sale this Friday and Saturday.  We have been going through closets, cabinets and storage boxes.  I am going to try and sell whatever we have not been using for the last six months to a year.  What doesn't sell will be donated.  I have several items I want to donate to the battered women's shelter and childrens' homes.  Unfortunately both shelters have seen about 100% increase in need for services.  Through research and talking with the organizers, when the economy is down, there is more violence in the homes.  Financial stressors are one of the biggest reasons for divorce, unfortunately it makes sense that there would be an increase in stress in the home and increase in violence.  My prayers are with these individuals and their families. 
     Kevin and I are going to start on the baking tonight.  Christmas cookies, fudge, breads, and other sweet treats.  I plan to bake, but not indulge.  So far I have lost 24lbs and kept it off.  I cut my calories back to about 1500 a day and have pretty much cut out sugar.  My doctor had a talk with me in September and informed me my Hgb A1-C was too high.  That means my blood sugars are high and my pancreas is having to work to hard.  I am not an insulin diabetic, by I am bordering on non-insulin diabetes.  I had not been motivated to change prior to this and this was a wake up call.  I feel so much better with the change in diet and the weight loss.  Kevin has lost about 40lbs and has been running several days a week.  He ran in the Rock-n-Roll Marathon here in San Antonio in November.  He ran it in 5 hours and 11 minutes.  He only walked for about 1/2 mile.  I am really proud of him.  He has lost so much weight that his wedding rings falls off (gonna get it fitted:))
      Finished my Christmas shopping and have most of it wrapped.  What a relief, I really don't enjoy wrapping.  This Christmas season has been so much more enjoyable than last years.  I felt totally stressed last year, this year it has been smooth.  I have been playing my Christmas music as much as possible, I love all the Christmas hymns.  Silent Night and Joy to the World are my favorites.  I have been practicing both on the piano, maybe I will be ready by Christmas;). 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment