Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Saturday, December 18, 2010

On the Road Again

We have been traveling for the last two days.  We started out at 5am Friday and made it to Grandma's by 8pm.  The boys started with "are we there yet" about 30 minutes into the drive.  They kept asking "what state are we in" about every 10 minutes for the first 8 hours of the drive to Grandma's.  Finally they either fell asleep or decided to watch a movie.  Finally we made to Grandma's and both the boys and the rest of us were happy.  My aunt and uncle where there to greet us as well, so we had a chance to visit with them as well.  My brother, sister-in-law, nieces and nephews, along with my aunt and uncle, came for breakfast today.  We visited for most of the morning and let the kids play with each other.  We had a nice time of fellowship and exchanged cards.  We left my mom's about noon, grandma is with us, and headed to Williamsburg, Virgina.  We decided we would make the drive in two days instead of one, so we have stopped in Charlotte, North Carolina for the night.  I counted, on this trip we will travel through 8 states.  We were all counting in the van how many many states we have been in over the course of our lives.  So far I have visited 18 of our 50 awesome states.  We decided to drive "Big Red" for this vacation, she seats 8 comfortably and with Kevin Jr meeting us in Williamsburg, we will have 7 people.  "Big Red" is a 10 yr old Astro Chevy and I just love her.  She drives great and gets better gas mileage than our caravan.  She is an awesome vehicle and the best of course is she is paid for.  So far "Big Red" has made it through 3 teenage drivers and will have another teen driving her soon.  She has made numerous "vacation" drives and helped several of our children move their belongings.  This vacation she will rack up 8 states and about 3500 miles:)  Our family is looking forward to this time off and visiting such a historical and interesting place.  My grandmother and step-aunt are going to meet with us for a short visit as well.  My grandmother is about 93 or 94, and she gets around great.  We haven't seen her for about 3 years, so we are looking forward to seeing her.  Well, it is getting late.  Off to bed for an early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment