Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Friday, December 3, 2010

Gossip

      Gossip.  This has been on my mind for several months now.  It has come to a boil for me now and I am going to vent.  I am and have been guilty of gossiping, probably most people are.  I have been trying to make a conscience effort to not gossip and to choose my words carefully.  I don't always succeed, but I do try.  For many of us, work is a hot bed of gossip and where I have worked and currently work is no different.  My previous job, the gossip was pretty vicious and hurtful, it seemed like we all stabbed each other in the back.  Over the years, I became more aware of what I was doing and started to watch myself.  I did and still do fail.  Since I have started my new job, I have heard all types of rumors and gossip; I am not surprised, just aggravated that people take conversations out of context.  I really like my job; I enjoy working with the students.  When I graduate I will have a minor in teaching, as well as my advanced practice nurse in family mental health.  I did this for two reasons, I love working in mental health and I want to make a difference in the nursing profession as an instructor.  Once I finish school, I haven't really decided what I want to do.  I know I want to work in mental health and I want to teach.  When I am asked what I am going to do, I answer with "I haven't decided yet", which is the truth.  This week someone went to a co-worker and alluded that I was going to leave as soon as I graduate.  They went on to say that I was talking about doctors I wanted to work with and so on.  Well, I have talked about doctors I want to work with.  I will have to work as a nurse practitioner to maintain my certification and license as an advanced practice nurse.  There are some doctors that I respect and really want to work with and in the course of conversations I have said that.  But!!! that did not mean I was planning on quiting or anything else.  Just conversation and a desire to work with who I consider the best.  So often we repeat only part of the conversation and that is the part that becomes distorted and repeated.  So frustrating!!!!!!  Well enough about that.  I hope I set the record straight.  I guess I will have to have scripts to read when talking to others, so that I don't say anything that can be misconstrued. 
      This week flew by.  I'm not sure where the time went.  I have one test left on Monday and the semester is finished for me.  So much to do, I am going to enjoy myself and if some things don't get completed, life will go on.  We have steadily been working on Christmas decorating.  The lights are beautiful as well as the tree and garland.  Things look like Christmas, but the weather feels like spring.  I want it to cool down some more.  I guess that is one of the draw backs of living in south Texas.  I am okay with out snow, but I do enjoy the crisp temperatures (not enough in south Texas).  Going to do a little studying then off to bed.  Good night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment