Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekends, laundry and the Last Hanah Montana Episode

     I love the weekends, we don't have to worry about school for two days.  I enjoy the downtime with Jaclyn and the boys.  We don't have any set agenda and can do as we please.  Most weekends we try to do some cleaning, and of course the never ending battle of laundry.  For our family we normally have about eight loads of laundry for the week.  I don't mind washing and drying, but I am really not a fan of folding the laundry.  I have been married for twenty-six years and so far I have never encountered a laundry elf.  So this means Jaclyn and I are the laundry elves.  We think we have all the laundry completed, and bam, we find some more.  This weekend we thought we had found it all, but alas the boys out smarted us and managed to hide some in their rooms.  Oh well, that's life.
     We did have some fun just relaxing this weekend.  Saturday was a good day for a fire, which we had and we made smores.  Smores are addictive, you can't eat just one.  At first my husband, Kevin, made fun of me for saying that... until he had eaten three and was considering going for another.  They are simple treats, but taste so good.  The fire felt great as well and having a fire helps with the heating bill.
     This weekend was a long weekend as well.  To me that is best kind of weekend, three or four days.  If every day could be a weekend day, I would be in heaven.  Today, was just a relax day.  We did get out and run a few errands.  Bed, Bath & Beyond is becoming one of my favorite places, we made a short stop there today.  I needed more cork shelf liner.  I have been slowly relining the kitchen shelves and found that the cork liner is more durable for the pots, pans, and small appliances.  I have about half of the kitchen completed and will continue to work on it until all of the shelves have been relined.  We stopped by Sam's Club for a few bulk items.  If I am not careful, I could go crazy in Sam's.  I really like the electronic section.  Today, I made myself walk right by and tried not to even look.  Sometimes looking gets me into trouble.  We finished our errands at JC Penney's.  They have the shampoo that Jaclyn and I like to use, so that was our last stop.  While I was there I found some new nail polish colors and picked up one for Jaclyn and myself.
     Back at home, the last item on today's agenda was the new and last Hannah Montana Forever episode.  We taped (or DVR) this episode so that none of the children (Jaclyn, Matthew, Zach, and Mom) would miss a single second of it.  It really is a cute show, and the boys now most of her songs.  I am happy to say that they know the words to more Christian song, though.  They have been listening to KLOVE with Jaclyn and I this month as well and have their own very favorite songs.  Well this is the end of a very nice long weekend.  Back to work and school tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment