Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Class begins again for me...

     I started my classes this week.  I am taking advanced health assessment and an individual research class this semester.  I felt pretty overwhelmed when I started last semester, but I feel more relaxed regarding this one.  I will have class on Wednesdays only, so that is good.  This will be my fourth health assessment class that I have taken in my nursing school career/learning.  Hopefully, I won't have to take any more assessment classes in my future:)  We have a large class, forty-five students in all, so it should be interesting.  For my research, I am going to work on writing an article regarding the mentally ill and the care they receive in the emergency room.  I have had several experiences with this topic, so it should be interesting and hopefully helpful to others.  Started back to work this week as well, I had a nice four week break.  I really like my job, I basically get paid to act.  I work in the simulation lab, operating a high-fidelity mannequin.  Even though I do the same scenarios over, it is with a different set of students each time.  Each group of students tend to react differently, so it can be a lot of fun.  I enjoy working with the students and the instructors as well.  It has been a win-win situation for me.  My office mate, did tell me that there were several simulation instructors that complained, and I was shocked.  The hours are great, the work is enjoyable, and I get paid.  What is there to complain about?  I don't have any complaints!!!!  I hope that the other simulation instructors start having as much fun as I am. 
     The weather has been cold here lately, so we have been able to use the fireplace.  The boys are in heaven, they have gotten to make smores almost every night we have had a fire.  Such a simple pleasure brings them so much joy.  I remember as a child that was one of my favorite things to do when we had a fire or campfire.  Traditions seem to move on from generation to generation, thankfully this is a good tradition. 
     I just finished reading another book in the gospel series.  I have read Matthew, Mark, and just finished Luke.  The books have been fascinating and I feel like I was transported back to their time.  I had always thought that the gospels were written by those who were actually chosen by Christ.  Matthew and John were, but Mark was a child when Jesus began his ministry and it appears he wrote his gospel from Peter's memories of Jesus and His ministry.  Luke was a physician and historian and it appears he gathered his information from eye witnesses of Jesus and His ministry.  I think Luke was trying to create a historical guideline as well as gospel for believers.  I am a history buff, as well as a Christian, and these books combined the two topics wonderfully.  I plan to start on John soon, I am excited about reading his story. 
     KLOVE, the Christian radio station I listen to, has issued a challenge to their listener for the month of January.  They are asking listeners to just listen to Christian music for a month; either on the radio or their own music collection.  My daughter, Jaclyn, and I have been trying to do that.  So far we both have only been listening to Christian music.  I must say that I feel less stressed and Jaclyn is less irritable.  If the stress remains low, I think, I will just listen to Christian music all the time.  It certainly soothes the soul.  I don't get as agitated when driving when I listen to it for sure.  Might be a challenge for all of us to try.  What do you think? 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment