Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet 16

Our wonderful daughter, Jaclyn, turned 16 this weekend.  She had several friends over for a slumber party Saturday.  Kevin made homemade pizza and Jaclyn wanted a Krispy Kreme donut cake for her birthday cake.  We clean up the house during the day and since Kevin was home finished a few small projects around the house.  I went out later in the afternoon to get the cake, groceries, and not to be forgotten, soda!  You can't have a birthday party without soda.  I didn't get back until several of the girls had already arrived and Kevin had one pizza made and completed.  I had forgotten my phone at home and did not know we needed more mozzarella cheese.  As soon as I got home, Kevin ran out for more cheese.  Jaclyn and her friends seem to have a good time.  We had bought Guitar Hero for the Wii, so the girls gave that a try and were going to work out to the Zumba fitness game as well.  Since several of the girls could not spend the night, we had "cake" and opened presents first.  The cake consisted of five dozen donuts.  I think 2 1/2 were eaten that night and another 1 1/2 for breakfast.  All I can say is that I am glad most of the donuts are gone.  It is hard to eat just one, just two, just three, Krispy Kreme donuts and stop.  The boys were on a sugar high Saturday night and Sunday morning.  Hopefully they didn't bother the girls too much.  I think Zach has a crush on Michaela.  He really seemed to like her and couldn't stop talking about her.  He is only four, it's too soon for this mama.  We spent the rest of Sunday as a family.  We took Jaclyn to Sprint to get her a new phone for her birthday.  She chose the Sprint Evo, I'm not sure I'll actually talk to her again.  She can voice text, so she may not feel the need to actually talk.  I sure hope not!!  I can't believe how grown up she is.  It feels like just yesterday that she was a baby.  The years have flown by and now she is young woman.  She has grown into a talent, beautiful young lady.  I look forward to spending time with her as she continues to grow into adulthood.  We have been blessed by Jaclyn.  Jaclyn has and is such a help to us, especially me.  I pray that God continues to protect her, helps her to grow into the Godly woman he has called her to be, and will bless her with compassion, kindness, and grace.  I love Jaclyn and I thank God for placing you in our family.  You are truly beautiful inside and out.  Love mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment