Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Monday, January 10, 2011

Colonial Williamsburg

Yesterday and Wednesday were spent at Colonial Williamsburg.  It is a facinating place.  Many of the original buildings remain and several of the most prominent buildings have been fully restored.  We were able to tour the Capitol building and the Governor's Palace.  The Capitol building was piviotal in the forming of the Virginia Constitution and Virginia Bill of Rights.  The Governor's Palace was destroyed and rebuilt to almost the exact specifications of the orginal Palace.  We really enjoyed seeing how early Americans lived.  I am very thankful that we have central heat and air, unlike our fore-fathers.  After more sight seeing, we had lunch at a quaint cafe.  The food was excellent and the hot chocolate warmed us up.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at the resort in the activity center.  The little boys had so much fun playing minature golf with their big brother.  Wonderful family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment