Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shots!!!!!

     I had to take my two boys to the doctor yesterday for their yearly physicals.  I will admit I dread taking them to the doctor.  It is not because they misbehave or act out or anything like that, it getting to the office, waiting in the office, dealing with insurance, and the possibility that one of the boys might be due for a shot.  The boys' doctor is wonderful and I really like him.  He is kind and patient with the boys and me (the mom).  He doesn't treat me like I'm a dummy or since I'm a nurse I should know or understand everything.  I may be a nurse, but pediatrics is not my specialty!  I leave ped's, as it is known, to braver souls than I.  The first time I had to give a toddler a shot, I cried with the toddler.  Neither the toddler nor I had a good day.  Both the boys are in good health, praise God, but poor Zach needed three shots.  He had to have all his boosters at once, at least he doesn't need any more until he is about eleven.  I had to help hold him, and I tried to reassure him, but after the first shot he knew what was going to happen next.  Two arms and one leg later we were able to leave.  Zach did get a sticker, but that didn't provide much comfort.  So since he was such a good boy, I told him he could stay home from preschool today and spend the day with mom.  That made him much happier and Matthew sad.  Matthew did not need any shot, but he wanted to stay home from school with mom.  I told him he would have his turn another day, but he was still sad. 
     We made it home in time to rest for a short time before I had to leave to go to the rodeo meeting.  Kevin and I help the medical committee out each year at the rodeo.  The medical committee provides minor care for those attending and participating in the rodeo.  EMS is there for major medical problems, but the medical committee volunteers help with minor issues.  I enjoy helping and watching all the people.  Praise God there has never been any major injuries over the years.  The committee provides the services free of charge and many feel comforted knowing there are those around to help if needed.  Kevin and I signed up for several different shifts, some together and some separate.  It is fun when we work together and we get to spend some quality time together as well.  Sometimes the volunteers get to go in the arena station to volunteer and they can watch the rodeo or show after.  I like to be in the outside stations, near the people and horses (I am a horse lover) the most.  I will go if they need me to into the arena station, but it is not my preference.  This year they have Mercy Me (a Christian group) playing on one of the nights.  I might try to get Jaclyn and I tickets if she wants to go.
     So far my thirty days of only Christian music is going well.  I have purchased some new albums and Jaclyn has been down loading them to our ipods.  I bought Kutless's album 'Strong Tower' and it is awesome.  I just want to listen to it over and over.  I also bought a Todd Agnew two album CD with his song 'Grace Like Rain'.  His music is awesome as well.  Of course, my favorites are always with me, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, and DC Talk.  I am so thankful for technology.  I can now have my favorite music with me and it fits inside a device smaller than my cell phone, WOW.  Well, I'm going to  put in my head phones and start organizing my linen closet.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment