Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Time off

I work as a simulation instruction in nursing at San Antonio College.  My simulation clinicals start at 0630 and I am up by at least 0515 on Mondays and Tuesdays.  The day starts early, but I truly enjoy what I am doing.  The students I get to work with have been pretty wonderful and kind.  This is my first semester teaching and the students have been patient with me.  This week of course is Thanksgiving week, the nursing students at SAC do not have the week off, so I do not have the week off.  I am thankful, though, that I only have to work Monday and Tuesday this week.  I finished with simulation at noon and we just finished checking off several students on nasogastric tube insertion.  The instructor I am working with this flex (SAC nursing goes in 8 weeks flex semesters) is Mrs. Church.  I was a little leary at first, Mrs Church did not appear thrilled with simulation when we first met, but I must say I have really enjoyed working with her.  She has a wealth of knowledge and is a great person to learn from.  I honestly look forward to working with her in the future.  Since I am through for the day I plan to go home and take Jaclyn to a friends to work on a school project for a while and do something with the boys.  Kevin has an appointment this afternoon and won't be home until after 4, so it is the boys and I!  They are always full of energy, I need lots of caffeine to keep up with them.  I should sleep well this evening (hopefully they will too).   

No comments:

Post a Comment