Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

What a day.  Jaclyn, Matthew, Zachary and I headed out about 7 am this morning to do a "little" shopping.  I only needed a few Christmas gifts and thought I'd try my luck today.  I was able to get all the sales I wanted, except the 10 dollar turning waffle iron.  Oh well, although I would like to have gotten one for 10, I already have one and a second would just be a plus.  Since there are 8 of us, we tend to have 2 of everything, so that we can cook and clean in a timely manner.  We did find some items that we had not been looking for, but were items we could use and the price was too good to pass up.  Jaclyn and I had fun, the boys did not.  We went to Walmart first and found Kevin Sr's requested Christmas gifts, a flash drive for Jaclyn and several sets of pajamas for the boys.  After Walmart, we headed off to Santikos; they were offering $100 gift cards for $20.  We arrived at 8:02 am (they started at 8) and they were already sold out.  We then went to JC Penney's, this is one of my favorite stores, and found several bargains.  We need a new mixer and I was able to get one at reasonable price.  I have been looking for a wool jacket, Penney's had several different styles on sale for 49.88.  I found one I liked and my winter wardrobe is complete.  We are planning to go to Virginia for the holidays and Matthew needed a heavy winter coat, found one for under $15:)  We headed to the check out with our finds.  We had found everything we needed (I thought) and were headed out the door in under an hour.  Jaclyn and I loaded all the goodies into the van, got the boys buckled and Jaclyn says "I really like that wool coat you got mom" (hint, hint).  So I ask, does your jacket from last year still fit?  "No, mom, I need a new one".  So I ask "Do you want a wool one?"  "Yes, I would really like a black one, mom".  So back into Penney's we head.  Zachary starts crying and begs not to have to go back in.  "please just weave me in the ban!!!!"  I carry a crying Zachary back into the store:(  We found one she liked and that fit her and head to the catalog registers; one the way we pass the Wii towers and grab one.  I did have 2 gifts that I needed to find at this point.  We headed over to Bed, Bath & Beyond for one of them, I found the desired item and was able to save an additional 20% off to boot!  We stopped by to see Kevin Sr and visit for awhile.  Kevin had to work, and so he was not able to join in our adventure.  The boys managed to weasel snacks and coffee out of him; they recharged.  Target was last on my list,  or at least that was my thought.  I found the boy's transformers and a present for my nephew Ean.  I also picked up the gifts from Grandma for the boys.  It was now around 1215.  I decided we deserved some food for all of our efforts.  We went to IHOP.  Kevin was able to get off early (the doctor discharged all the patients and the evening nurse came in early-yeah!!), so he joined us for lunch.  After filling our stomachs we headed home, so the boys could take a break (nap).  Zach protested loudly and fell asleep quickly with his legs crossed and his hands under his chin.  Matthew protested, but was much more willing to rest.  While they were resting, Kevin and I headed out to find some garland for the banisters.  We made several other stops, bought an anniversary gift, bday gift, and dog food (dog snacks too).  Finally made it back home and decided to clean the garage and make sure all the faucets were covered.  It's suppose to freeze tonight.  Busy day to say the least, but I did have fun.  I really enjoy spending time with Jaclyn.  She will be sixteen in January.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  She will be gone before I know it.  She has been a blessing.  She is a big help around the house and with the boys.  I really don't know what I would do without her!!  She just helped me wrap a gift for a friend's daughter for Christmas and helped me get everyone to sign bday cards for Rosa and Ean.  My best friends bday is tomorrow.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSA!!!  I love you.  I am so glad God brought you into my life.  You have blessed me and my family.  May your birthday be blessed and joyous.  Well I am tired and going to head off for my last destination of the day-to bed!  Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment