Strength from the LORD

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Monday, November 22, 2010

Pharmacology Quiz

Ughhhhhhhhh...
That is how I feel after quiz 3.  I read through the chapters and took all the self assessments and I only made a 72.  That is so frustrating.  I guess it could have been worse, but I am disappointed all the same.  I have one more quiz in pharmacology and the semester is over.  It seems like I have been going to school forever.  Not really, I began school in my mid 20's, around 1992 and completed my Associate's degree in nursing in 1994.  I took a long break, didn't really feel like going for my BSN.  After about 10 years, I decided that I really should complete my BSN.  I started working on my pre-reqs for the BSN in 2004, several classes at a time.  Kevin and I started the BSN program at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA as they like to be called) in January of 2008 and I graduated in December of 2008.  I began the nurse practitioner program in January of 2009 on a part-time basis.  At times it feels like it is never going to end.  I have not felt as motivated this semester as I have in the past.  I have only my health assessment class to complete in the spring and then I begin the nurse practitioner part of the program.  If all goes well I should graduate in May of 2012.  That seems far away, but at the same close.  I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.  Honestly this semester has flown by.  I started out feeling overwhelmed, but the semester went better than I expected.  School was actually the least of my worries at times.  We have had to have some renovations to our home, and that was painful.  We did not have a living room for over a month and did not have a TV for over week.  That wasn't so bad for me, but the boys were upset that they couldn't watch Disney or play Wii.  While they were working on the kitchen, we had to eat out (this was not as much fun as we thought it would be).  Now the outside of the house is having a face lift.  We had all of the wood removed and replaced with vinyl siding.  They are almost finished and it is looking great.  The kitchen and family room look wonderful.  It is like having a new house in a way.  Most of the repairs were necessary, but we did make a few just for us.  We were able to invite friends over this past week and enjoy company after several months of chaos.  I am very thankful that all of the repairs and renovations will be completed before the holidays.  It will be nice to have things in order and be able to relax (if one can really relax during the holidays).  I believe I have already gotten my Christmas presents and what wonderful presents they were.  I feel truly blessed.        

No comments:

Post a Comment